Date format issues in MS Office Excel
Issue with Excel Date format: experiencing issues in Excel such as trying to use the MM/dd/yyyy format and run into an issue of the cell reverting back to a 1 digit month, even after using custom formating and copying/pasting to a new worksheet the date reverts back to the unwanted format.
After searching for a fix and seeing all the crazy workarounds I found a small comment that got little attention but was the only practical cause and solution.
Here is the probable culprit and solution:
- The issue is most likely caused by the computers date formatting instead of Excel or the worksheet
To find out and change the computers date format follow the steps below
- Open "Control Panel"
- Open "Date and Time" from the classic view of Control Panel
- Click "Change Date and Time..." button
- Click "Change calendar settings" link
- On the "Date" tab select the short and long date formats you utilize
- If you didn't close Excel and other office programs before making the change it's a good idea to restart them all now.
- Test to see if solution solves issue